Paging the SQL Server data to virtual memory on disk reduces overall performance.
The Enable the Lock Pages in Memory Option is a windows policy that prevents Windows from paging the SQL Server data to virtual memory on disk.
The option is disabled by default.
This privilege must be enabled to configure Address Windowing Extensions (AWE), that must be activated on sql server.
To enable the lock pages in memory option:
1) Execute gpedit.msc on Start->Run
2) Expand Computer Configuration->Windows Settings
3) Expand Security Settings->Local Policies
4) Select the User Rights Assignment folder
5) Double-click Lock pages in memory and add the account that runs sqlservr.exe
In SQL Server Activate AWE.